This post is from my old blog but funny thing I originally posted it a month ago and I am almost out of these bad boys!!! I swear dishes are never ending at my house. I guess it comes from having teenagers in the house who think I am their maid.
I absolutely love making my own dishwasher tabs. Why do I make them you ask? Well, first off I know what is in them, they smell good, and they are cheap to make. All it takes is a little bit of time. If you want you can just mix all the ingredients minus the water, to use it as powdered dishwasher detergent.
LEMON DISHWASHER TABS
1 Cup Super Washing Soda
1 Cup Baking Soda
1 Cup Borax (if you want leave this out but use less water)
1/2 Cup Sea Salt or Epsom Salt
3/4 Cup Water
30 drops Lemon Essential Oil
Yellow food coloring (optional)
1. In a glass bowl mix dry ingredients.
2. Mix water, lemon essential oil and food coloring, if desired. The reason I add the food coloring is because I make laundry tabs too.
3. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together, I used a fork, until well blended. The mixture should feel like wet sand.
5. Fill your mold spaces with about a tablespoon of mixture, press in tight. The space in the molds I used were about a tablespoon so I just filled them up making sure to press the mixture tightly into them. Let dry for several hours or over night.
6. Remove from mold and place in storage container.